Roll-Off Dumpster Rental FAQs Answered
Knowing a few answers to a few common dumpster rental questions, can make waste management a breeze. Use these FAQs to help find the right dumpster service for your needs, find the right dumpster rental pricing, find the right dumpster features and specifications, and find the right hassle-free delivery service.
Why Five Star Universe?
- When renting from us, you will always get great service through our automated system at a great low price. We help DIY Homeowners, Contractors, and Business Owners simplify their waste removal processes through our automated system at great low pricing. Submit your order online or call us today at 888-601-0677 and our team will be happy to help you setup your service.
What Size Roll-Off Dumpsters Do You Provide?
- Our Roll-Off Dumpsters come in 3 yd, 4 yd, 10 yd, 20 yd, 30 yd, and 40 yd sizes to meet all of your dumpster rental needs for any size project. Our automated system enables you to order a container to be delivered, replaced as many times as your project requires, and picked up when the job is done, all at a great price.
How Do I Rent a Dumpster?
- When renting with us, it’s a breeze. Submit your Online Quote with your known requirements, when you receive your quote at our great low rates, place your order and we will take care of the rest. If you have any special requests, let us know to contact you and one of our team members will give you a call, a text, or an email, however you prefer. Lastly, if you need special pricing for special projects or just need a little help placing your order, call us at 888-601-0677 and one of our team members will be more than happy to help.
How Much Does a Dumpster Cost?
- The cost of a dumpster is made up of several factors: the size of the dumpster, the weight of the debris, the length of the rental period and local taxes and fees. Submit your Online Quote with your known requirements, and you will know your great low pricing instantly. Not quite sure what size container best fits your project? Give us call at 888-601-0677 and one of our team members will be more than happy to help.
What Types of Payments are Accepted?
- Here at Five Star, we take all major credit cards to include: Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
How Do I Pay for My Order?
- With our automated system, we make it simple. When you receive your immediate Quote, you will be prompted to pay through our payment portal, simplifying the entire process. If you need any help, give us call at 888-601-0677 and one of our team members can process your payment over the phone.
Do You Offer Special Pricing?
- Special pricing is available for special projects requiring multiple containers and long-term leasing and can be coordinated with one of team members at 888-601-0677.
What Size Dumpster Do I Need?
- Dumpster size depends on your project and the debris being disposed. Visit our Roll-Off Dumpster page and our Dumpster Weight resource page to help decide which container fits your size project. If you need some help, give us a call at 888-601-0677 and our team will be happy to help.
Will My Dumpster Have a Weight Limit?
- Each of our dumpster sizes has a weight limit that represents the amount of debris you can dispose of without going over your original price quote. Exceeding your weight limit will result in an additional fee. Visit our Dumpster Weight page to help with approximate weight of your debris and determine the best dumpster size for your needs. Not quite sure, give us a call at 888-601-0677 and our team will be happy to help.
Can I Put Anything in My Dumpster?
- Simply No. Depending on your local laws and regulations, there are many items that are not accepted and will result in additional fees if you place them in your rental container. Visit our Accepted & Prohibited Items page to get a better idea of what can go into your container. Still not quite sure, give us a call at 888-601-0677 and our team will be happy to help.
Will My Dumpster Have a Door?
- Most of our dumpsters feature a door that can be opened to carry in items that are too large to toss over the side. The door is located on the end that rolls off the truck first. You’ll need at least eight feet of space in front of the dumpster to open the door completely.
Is There a Right Way to Load a Dumpster?
- Placing your dumpster in the driveway is a great way to rid of waste quickly and efficiently. When your roll-off dumpster arrives, here are a few steps to help rid of trash from your residential projects:
- Walk your largest and heaviest debris into the container first using the dumpster’s loading door. Spread your items throughout the container to keep the weight evenly distributed.
- If using a wheelbarrow to collect debris, wheel it into the bin through the loading door and dump it out.
- Throw any bagged trash or small debris over the sides of the dumpster, if lightweight enough.
- As you finish your project, make sure nothing is draped over the sides of the dumpster and that all trash is below the top of the dumpster’s walls. This will help alleviate additional charges.
- Once you’re finished loading your debris, give us a call if it is sooner than your scheduled dumpster picked up date and time.
Do I Need a Permit for a Dumpster?
- You’ll only need to acquire a dumpster permit if you intend to have your container dropped off on a street or other public property. Give us a call at 888-601-0677 and our team will be happy to help with permit needs before you place your order. Visit our Dumpster Permit resource page for more details.
When Will My Dumpster Be Delivered?
- We have four delivery times to choose from on your quote request: 6 – 10 am; 10 am – 2 pm; 2 – 6 pm; Anytime; Monday through Friday. Normal delivery turnaround times are 24-48 hrs. If you need Same Day service, please call 888-601-0677 ASAP to make arrangements.
Do I Need to be Present for my Dumpster Delivery?
- No need to be present for delivery or pickup. Just make sure the area where you want the dumpster placed is clear and not blocked by cars or anything else that may prevent us from accessing the spot. This could cause a missed delivery and additional charges may be imposed. Please also be sure the dumpster is loaded properly and nothing sticking up over the top or hanging over the sides.
How Much Space is Required?
- Our delivery trucks need roughly 60 feet in a straight line leading up to the spot where you want the dumpster placed, with at least 10.5 feet in width. We also need at least 23 feet of overhead clearance to raise the back of the truck and roll off the dumpster.
Should I Lay Down Plywood?
- We don’t require you to lay down plywood or other materials where you want the dumpster placed. However, we do recommend it to help protect the surface from any scratches or scrapes. Visit our Delivery resource page for additional information.
Can I Request Specific Delivery and Pickup Times?
- When scheduling your dumpster delivery you may choose four delivery times: 6 – 10 am; 10 am – 2 pm; 2 – 6 pm; Anytime; Monday through Friday. However, our drivers may experience delays at the landfill, at previous customers’ properties or due to traffic conditions and therefore we cannot guarantee an exact delivery time, but please know that we will do everything we can to ensure a prompt delivery.
Who Do I Call to Pick Up My Dumpster?
- When ordering your dumpster, you will have an option to schedule your pickup, in which you will need not do anything else to coordinate your pickup. However, if you complete the job early and cannot wait for your scheduled pickup, give us a call at 888-601-0677 and a member of our team will be happy to coordinate your dumpster pickup.
- See our Delivery Blog on our Blogs page for additional information.